Given that our #PenShopArt2015 competition is going brilliantly, for National Stationery Week we thought we’d offer some more interactive fun. We will be reaching out to our Twitter followers to help crowdsource a poem over 5 days. The first line of the poem will be tweeted by @ThePenShop on the morning of Monday 27th April with the hashtag #penshoppoem. The challenge each day is for Twitter users to come up with a great next line. The best line of the day (as chosen by us) will be revealed the following morning and the challenge will start afresh. By the end of Friday the crowdsourced sestet (six-line poem) will be completed with the result being formally announced on Monday 4th May.
To celebrate the art of writing, entrants will be strongly encouraged to write their lines with pen on paper and tweet a photograph (not forgetting the #penshoppoem hashtag). For those joining in and for outside observers it offers a great opportunity to explore the beauty and individuality of handwriting and help us break away from our keyboards.
Don’t forget to follow (https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=ThePenShop) our Twitter feed so you don’t miss out!
We’re happy to announce the contents of our three prize bundles for our National Stationery Week art competition.
We’re asking you to express the theme of “Talking is for now, writing is forever” via the medium of pen and paper. We’ve already had some excellent early entries with more coming in every day. Make sure you follow our twitter feed (@thepenshop) for ideas and inspiration and most importantly make sure you get your entry in before 3rd May 2015!
The prize bundles are as follows:
1 Kingsley A5 Notepad – Yellow
2 Kingsley A6 Notepad – Yellow
3 Kingsley Slip Case – Yellow
4 Faber Castell Felt tips
5 Lamy Safari Red Fountain Pen
6 Dex Compact Smooth Fountain Pen
7 Dex Compact Smooth Inkliner
8 Ted Baker Touchscreen Pen Lemon
9 Ted Baker Mini Notebook Opulent Bloom
1 Kingsley A5 Notepad – Red
2 Kingsley A6 Notepad – Red
3 Kingsley Slip Case – Red
4 Faber-Castell Design Pocket Twist Ball Pen Orange
5 Cross Century Chrome Ballpen
6 Dex Compact Clear Fountain Pen
7 Ted Baker Brogue Wallet with Pen
8 Ted Baker Lemon Yellow Brogue Notebook
1 Kingsley A5 Notepad – Blue
2 Kingsley A6 Notepad – Blue
3 Kingsley Slip Case – Blue
4 Faber-Castell Design Pocket Twist Ball Pen Silver
5 Sheaffer 300 Black Chrome Trim Ballpen and Pencil Set
6 Ted Baker Travel Document Holder Coral
7 Ted Baker Brown Leather Mens Pen
That’s over £360 worth of prizes to be won! Special thanks to Ted Baker for supplying some beautiful stationery products and accessories for the prize bundles.
Remember that to enter, all you have to do is photograph or scan your art and email it to email@example.com with your name, age and contact details. Alternatively you can tweet your submission with the hashtag #PenShopArt2015 or hand a copy in to your local branch of The Pen Shop. Importantly, the competition is completely free to enter and we’re not putting a limit on how many different designs you can enter.
National Stationery Week runs from 27th April – 3rd May this year and to celebrate we’re launching the stationery world’s newest art competition! Building on the success of last year’s doodle competition we’re encouraging people to express their artistic side.
As an artistic medium, pen and paper is often overlooked, but it’s perhaps the most accessible and commonly used. Nearly every notebook owner has succumbed to the guilty pleasure of an idle doodle or sketch. With a little bit more time and effort this innate talent can be harnessed to create more sophisticated works of art.
We’re setting the theme of “Talking is for now, writing is forever” for this year’s competition. Show us your interpretation of this theme in any way you choose. From calligraphy and lettering to drawing and doodling as well as anything in-between. The only stipulation we have is that entries must be created with pen and paper.
There are three age groups (under 11’s, 11-16’s and over 16’s) and the winner of each group receives a special stationery prize bundle. We’re still adding to the prize bundles and will announce their contents soon!
Art Competition Example
To enter, all you have to do is photograph or scan your art and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age and contact details. Alternatively you can tweet your submission with the hashtag #PenShopArt2015 or hand a copy in to your local branch of The Pen Shop. Importantly, the competition is completely free to enter and we’re not putting a limit on how many different designs you can enter.
Entries into the competition will be accepted up until 3rd May 2015. A judging panel from The Pen Shop will select a winner from each group after this date. Winners will be announced on The Pen Shop blog after 11th May 2015.
Terms and Conditions
- To enter the Competition, You should create an art piece using the medium of pen and paper. The piece will be based upon the theme of “Talking is for now, writing is forever”. Digital copies of the piece will be accepted as entries.
- Competition closes 3rd May 2015. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced on The Pen Shop Blog (http://blog.penshop.co.uk/) on 11th May 2015 unless delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Reasonable effort will be used to contact winners by no later than 12th May 2015.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entries will be split into age categories – under-11’s, 11-16 and 16+ with one winner selected from each category.
- The winner’s prizes are as shown on The Pen Shop Blog. No cash alternative will be offered.
- We want the world to see your art! By entering, you agree that your work may be reproduced by The Pen Shop, including in promotional materials, with full credit given to the entrant.
- Regrettably, entries which are submitted via post cannot be returned.
- All entries must be the entrant’s own work; entries which include material from other artists will not be included in judging.
- Lewd/offensive entries or entries subject to copyright restriction will not be considered.