The winner will receive an Experience Day with the RSC, the RSC’s Complete Works of William Shakespeare, a limited edition RSC 50th Anniversary paper weight, Cross merchandise and tickets to The Heresy of Love at The Swan Theatre, Stratford upon Avon on Thursday 8th March 2012.
There will be five runners up who will each receive tickets to The Heresy of Love on the above date, an RSC Notebook and a Cross Pen.
How To Enter:
Playwright Helen Edmundson was commissioned by the Royal Shakespeare Company to write The Heresy of Love, inspired by the life of Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, a poet nun and major Baroque literary figure from Mexico. Helen has written the opening line of the first scene of a new play*.
To enter the competition you should complete the scene in no more than 600 words using the opening line as follows:
“Is she here yet? Has she made it?…”
To submit your entry (typed and double spaced) please email or post by 14th February 2012 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicola Shepherd, Cross, Unit 14 Windmill Trading Estate, Thistle Road, Luton, Beds, LU1 3XJ.
Terms and Conditions
1. Competition closes 14th February 2012.
2. Winners will be notified in writing by 29th February 2012.
3. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Experience Day must be taken by 31st December 2012.
5. Full terms and conditions including judging criteria can be found at www.cross-pens.eu.
6. This is not a play commissioned by the RSC but is a piece purely for the competition.*