We are thrilled to announce another exciting writing competition to win an experience day with Cross and the RSC! If you are an aspiring playwright or a keen amateur writer then this competition is for you.
How To Enter
Playwright Tanika Gupta was commissioned by the Royal Shakespeare Company to write ‘The Empress’, a play which centres on Queen Victoria and her growing attachment to one of her Indian manservants in the royal household. Tanika has written the following line which must be incorporated into the first scene of your new play.
To enter the competition you should write a scene of no more than 500 words using the following line:
“Finally, you will pay for what you did to me…”
Grand Prize (1)
• An Experience Day with the RSC
• RSC’s Complete Works of William Shakespeare
• A limited edition RSC/Cross Ballpoint Pen
• Cross merchandise
• A pair of tickets to ‘The Empress’ by Tanika Gupta, in April 2013 at the Swan Theatre in Stratford upon Avon
Runners Up (5)
• Tickets to The Empress in April 2013
• An RSC Notebook and a Cross Pen
To Submit Your Entry
Submissions are due by 30th November 2012
All submissions must be typed and double spaced and sent to either of the addresses below:
Post: Nicola Shepherd
Unit 14 Windmill Trading Estate
Terms and Conditions
1) Competition closes 30th November 2012. 2) Winners will be notified in writing by 20th December 2012. 3) Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 4) Experience day must be taken by 31st December 2013. 5) The 500 words does NOT include stage directions or character names. 6) Full terms and conditions including judging criteria can be found at www.cross.com. 7) This is not a play commissioned by the RSC but is a piece purely for the competition.